About Cognizant’s Telecommunication Practice
Cognizant has a well-established Communication Business Unit providing end-to-end information technology services for industry leading companies across the Communication Industry. Cognizant provides solutions and services to wire-line, wireless, cable, direct broadcast satellite, and IP-based providers to improve operating inefficiencies while retaining customer loyalty and increasing wallet share. We have strong, long-term, strategic relationships with 7 of the top 10 communications service providers across the US and globally. Cognizant is also strong in the technology industry as a solution developer and services provider to some the world’s leading companies.
At Cognizant, we have created solutions for the telecommunications industry which have been key to our client’s business needs and helped them reduce cost and cross services in their portfolio.
To incubate innovation and solutions in an evolving business environment, Cognizant over the years has invested heavily in the labs which form the foundation to our innovative approach. Our Set Top Box lab, Connected Home lab, IPTV lab, Digital media lab, Interactive Services lab, and IP Services lab are a few to name. In last few years, Cognizant has made several alliances which have helped us to serve our customers better. Our Global Partnership includes Oracle, SAP, Microsoft, SFDC, Huawei and Informatica. Cognizant has a strong and growing presence in Benelux.
The Enterprise Architect is responsible for leading the Architecture Center of Excellence for the Communications Practice of Cognizant in the Benelux Region. The expectation is for him to be a Thought leader on Enterprise Architecture and provide advice to our customers on their future roadmap and strategy. If things work well we can also look at expanding the remit of the candidate beyond Benelux to other customers in CE region.
Experience and skills
- Experience: 15-30 years in IT and >8 years in Architecture and >10 years in Telecommunications
- Strategy & Transformation
- Proven experience in strategizing and transforming Telcos in one or more of the following areas – Business Transformation, Portfolio Rationalization, Digital Transformation, BSS Transformation, OSS Transformation, Application Rationalization, Infrastructure Consolidation, Cloud Strategy, Platform Strategy, Network Simplification, Security Strategy, Data Center Strategy and Product & Pricing Strategy
- Experience in chairing design authority and/or architecture council and setting up Architecture Governance
- Well versed in the following
- Core Telco product lines including Voice, Data, TV, Internet, Mobile
- Proven track record in delivering Solutions in BSS & OSS systems.
- Lead, Opportunity, Quote, Order, Customer Inquiry, Problem, Service, Resource, Billing & Payment
- Sales & Marketing, Product Management, Order Management, Online, Service & Resource, Inventory, Provisioning & Activation, Service Assurance – Monitoring, Service Assurance – Customer Care, Supplier Management, Billing & Financial
- Personal, SMB/E, Enterprise, Wholesale market segments
- Knowledge of trends in Telco ex: SD-WAN, NV, NFV & SDN
- Knowledge and/or working experience in
- Business Architecture, Information Architecture, Application Architecture & Infrastructure & Network Architecture
- Ability to assess impact on Telco IT systems for a Business Problem/Requirement
- Software Modelling : Object Diagram, Use case diagram, Component diagram, Sequence diagram
- Understanding of Architecture Patterns and their applications
- Expertise in building solutions using an end to end stack consisting of COTS/Bespoke products (ex: IBM Communications stack, Oracle Communications stack, Bespoke stack) and knowledge of SOA/Microservices
- Validate estimates provided by Application teams
- Business Case & Benefits Analysis
- Leadership – Ability to guide, motivate and establish architecture and design teams
- Stake holder management (Product Owner, Business Owner, PM, BA, Process Analyst, Solution Architect, Data Architect, Infrastructure Architect, Application Architect, Solution Designers)
- Ability to speak confidently
- Strong analytical skills and be capable of translating complex business problems into conceptual solutions that fit the business need
- Should have the ability to manage contentious discussions
- Ability to drive white board discussions
- Should have a proven track record of working autonomously in an unstructured environment, using critical thinking and decision-making skills to drive out solutions to complex, often ambiguous problems
Travel : Willing to travel on short-term and long-term assignments
Please follow up with Elan!
|Elangovan Anbalagan | Senior Corporate Recruiter
t. +31 (0) 20 524 77 39 | m. + 31 (0) 6 46 922161 |