You will report directly (solid line) to Aan Chauhan, Senior Vice President, who leads GTO and is Chief Technology Officer (CTO) for Cognizant. Aan Chauhan is based in Pune, India. You will also have a dotted line to the regional leader for the Continental Europe markets.
The regional CTO is responsible for implementing the organization’s technology vision and enablement plan across the key business units operating in the region. The regional CTO is expected to forge close relationships with client CTOs for Cognizant strategic engagements, anchor technology advisory connects, present/speak at industry forums & events and look to mentor next level of technology leaders. Cognizant has a global lab and exploratory infrastructure and the regional CTO is expected to evangelize the offerings around emerging technologies and also look to run POCs /Pilots based on the region’s technology focus areas and market needs.
The regional CTO, in conjunction with Aan Chauhan, will accelerate delivery of emerging technology services in the region. The regional CTO will be responsible for recruiting relevant individuals and oversee creation of a lab set-up. The regional CTO will work closely with the Cognizant talent acquisition team to drive recruitment activities to identify training and coaching needs, and to mentor individual team members towards a successful technology career path.
Cognizant is organized into 3 service lines as part of Cognizant’s Vision 2020 initiative. GTO is regarded as the technology research arm of Cognizant and works in collaboration with all the 3 service lines. GTO is one of the horizontal units supported by executive management investment to help Cognizant establish its leadership in technology. GTO is in the business of helping our customers embrace emerging technologies by pursuing a robust innovation life cycle in emerging technologies, leading to creation of new solutions, platforms and offerings. GTO prides itself on the path-breaking emerging technology solutions and offerings delivered for implementation in various customer assignments.
The current technology focus of GTO is in the following areas with formal lab set up. GTO has dedicated Innovation and Consulting teams working in each one of them:
- User experience
- Connected Ecosystems
- Hyperscale Computing
- Cognitive Computing and Data Sciences
- Software Engineering and Architecture
Your operating credentials should include a highly successful career record with a top-flight technology firm. You demonstrate passion for customer service and for helping our customers embrace emerging technologies.
You can meet the following specific qualifications:
- 20+ years of experience with Tier 1 systems integrators/leading product firms in a CTO or similar role
- Strong thought leader with the ability to shape the organizations technology strategy, investments and direction.
- Ability to understand market and client needs and devise solutions to rapidly address their pain points
- Experience with building partnerships with leading technology vendors, participate in industry events
- Exposure to 2 or more industries in a senior client engagement and advisory role in the past few years
- Deep technology expertise in 2 or more technology areas ( pref. distributed/Digital ) and good understanding of latest architectural and design frameworks, emerging technologies
- Prior leadership experience and working with globally distributed teams and exposure to onsite/offshore engagement models is a must have
- Experience with research projects and managing technology labs is a plus
- Significant experience in selling technology services to global, as well as regional clients, at CXO levels within organisations in Continental Europe and manage sustaining relationships
- Ability to define strategic direction for GTO within Continental Europe, to put in place the required elements to achieve this strategy and then conclude it successfully while identifying the best methods of building the GTO brand in Cognizant
- Ability to work in a large, global, and highly-matrix environment, to manage a number of disparate groups—both directly and indirectly—to achieve the highest possible impact that GTO can deliver
- Ability to interface with analysts from Gartner, Forrester, and IDC, to impress upon them Cognizant’s capabilities in specific technology areas
It is expected that the position will be based in Cognizant’s office in Amsterdam (preferably) or Zurich/Frankfurt (alternatively). If appointed, you can expect limited travel throughout Continental Europe.