Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process services, dedicated to helping the world’s leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work.
With over 100 development and delivery centers worldwide and approximately 244,300 employees as of June 30, 2016, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.
This is a unique opportunity to influence strategy, innovation and growth in a global company and we offer you the unique opportunity to be actively involved in the decision-making process of Cognizant. Daily you will be leading and participating in multiple projects of strategic importance to the organization and our business units.
The range of projects varies from long range formulation efforts, strategic implementation support as well as initiatives related to operational matters of strategic importance to the company.
Additionally, the Associate Vice President will support C-Level executives on market change, going to market strategies and forecasting of future industry trends and opportunities. Breakdown:
- Strategy: Strategy development in different business areas including but not limited to Business Process Outsourcing, IT & Consulting and the ability to anchor solutions and policies with C-level key partners.
- Governance: Establishment of governance and strategy models, organizational structures and portfolio management for international enterprises and/or global consulting organizations across various industries.
- Program Management: Establishment and management of complex and large transformation programs and models to ensure business value realization. (i.e. issue diagnosis, hypothesis generation, developing a work plan, driving the data collection process, analyzing the data to generate insights, developing PowerPoint decks with a logical story line, and presenting recommendations to internal clients).
- You will be defining and leading a portfolio of strategy projects from start to finish.
- You are used to prioritizing investment opportunities, portfolio optimization, valuation scenarios, due diligence, market entry and operational transformational change and counseling C-level executives.
- Orchestrating and committing to the annual strategic process
- Contributing to the annual M&A process with a can do mentality
- Leading strategy team members to execute strategic projects and delivering on promises
- Establishing trust with country and vertical leads, and other senior management to enable effective communication of project work and a close/collaborative working relationship.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Premier MBA degree or equivalent graduate degree combined with 12 years of post MBA experience (preferred is a combination of premier management consulting and corporate strategy experience)
- Excellent client service orientation and determined to succeed.
- Superb analytical skills and intellectual curiosity are key assets
- Strong sense of macro strategy and general business insight.
- Outstanding professional with attention to details.
- A Hands-on attitude (Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills) and being a strong influencer.
- A proven and outstanding track record of effective leadership in combination with a excellent communication and influence skills for executive level messaging.
- Demonstrate flexibility to both lead cross-functional teams, as well as self-perform key data based analyses.
- You possess an extraordinary ability to establish teams and create consensus throughout the engagement process with internal clients
- Working independently and be willing to get hands into the details to learn the businesses and execute assigned work is key
- You should enjoy working (and also thrive) in an environment where change can be immediately impacted at a high level and results can be measured
- A strong communicator.
- Demonstrates caring for others and integrity.
- Positive and constructive.
- Takes ownership of tasks and drives tasks through to completion.
- Accountable for their actions.
- Able to focus while under pressure.
- Sense of humor.