Automation Business Development Executive
Level: Associate Director
We have an exciting opportunity for several exceptional individuals to grow our Intelligent Automation Practice (IPA) within our Business Process Services Unit (BPS) business globally. For more information, please visit our website at https://www.cognizant.com/intelligentprocessautomation
In order to support our rapidly expanding Intelligent Automation Practice (IPA) within BPS, Cognizant is hiring Automation Business Development Leads for selected Verticals and geographies worldwide. These positions will be responsible for generating Intelligent Process Automation opportunities with existing clients and new logo prospects. The Business Development lead will closely partner with Cognizant’s Client Partners and offshore delivery team to identify, and sell Automation programs leveraging their deep industry and capability knowledge.
The successful candidates will bring their domain experience of the various verticals and geographies we support. The successful candidates will have knowledge of Business Process Outsourcing outcomes, and business consulting leadership skills to help prospective clients develop innovative solutions, improve their operating models and execute on strategic opportunities. This role reports to the AVP of Automation Business Development.
The IPA Business Development Executive is expected to focus their time on helping the vertical teams to educate clients and prospects on the value propositions of IPA, and working with Vertical leadership to pursue and close Automation business opportunities that provides value to clients. This role has the following key responsibilities:
- Playing a leading role in the IPA sales process as solutions are positioned with top prospects with a specific responsibility for selling the business value proposition of IPA to the client and converting IPA deals as well as IPA enabled BPO deals.
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of all facets of the Intelligent Process Automations tools and techniques and how they apply to client business environments.
- Teaming with Client Partners, Sales Executives and Offshore Delivery Managers to pursue new business in both existing accounts as well as new logo accounts.
- Analyzing and assessing the vertical markets to determine which Automation offerings are likely to best address the present and future state issues facing companies in this sector.
- Increasing sales/revenue and developing/maintaining a sales pipeline in order to meet IPA sales objectives.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Significant experience (10+ years) in developing, pursuing, selling, IT, ITES or consulting services.
- Proven experience supporting account teams and building collaborative relationships with external and internal partners.
- Dynamic entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative approach.
- Energy: ability to work in a fast-paced, global, entrepreneurial environment.
- Understanding of the off-shore delivery model.
- Ability to work with cross-functional team of experts, and account executives across global internal functions / business units.
- Demonstrable problem solving abilities with the aptitude to identify strategic solutions to business problems.
- Strong professional executive presence.
- Executive level written and verbal communication skills, team leadership and deal making experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Readiness to travel 50% annually.
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in high-level, C-suite executive business development
- Experience in working with global operational teams and the global delivery model
- Subject matter expertise in RPA (robotics process automation) or artificial intelligence as applied to business process operations in a startup, consulting or internal operations context.