Business Development Director BPO / IT / Consulting (Manufacturing Industry)
- Drive overall deal strategy including solution strategy, win themes, partner strategy, commercial strategy/deal structuring etc.
- Develop new market entry strategies based on analysis of business trends.
- Own proposal delivery responsibility end to end including commercial, contractual implications and third party management.
- Drive proactive selling, cross selling, innovative selling through all channels.
- Work with the onsite / business (as applicable) team on new customer prospects.
- Review business development artifacts.
- Own the response to opportunities in terms of quality (content and form), timelines and completeness.
- Ensure adequate coverage and high commitment levels to all Delivery Teams and Client Partners within the SBUs/ Geographies covered.
- Assume all Account Management responsibilities for accounts having no named Account Manager (Onshore roles only), as per requirement.
- In event of a forbidding exercise, liaise with product partners/ forbidders in support of a timely and complete joint bid.
- Assist Client Partners in Account Planning and execution of these plans.
Solution Design & Articulation:
- Responsible for driving solution thought leadership for complex deals.
- Hands-on management of complex bids and response/ solution of First of a Kind opportunities.
Collateral Management / Thought Leadership:
- Participate in Cognizant brand promotion events (such as, Industry forums, Partnership forums, Analyst events).
- Participate in analyst calls and facilitate team participation as appropriate.
- Responsible to carry out industry research.
- Drive surveys & research activities to ensure the relevance and USP of the Business Development function and to gather competitive intelligence.
- Manage the BD pipeline for SBUs/ Geographies/ Solution area.
- Define win themes and value proposition.
- Provide foresight to domain, consulting and leadership teams based on periodic analytics and introspection (Skills to build, partnership to forge etc).
People Management / Team Building:
- Mentor and coach Business Development team.
- Manage performance and provide feedback to BD team members.
- Attend relevant training programs and update business team on emerging trends in domain/technology/sourcing.
- Conduct business development related training for project teams.
- Responsible for talent acquisition activities for team.
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process services, dedicated to helping the world’s leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work.
With over 100 development and delivery centers worldwide and approximately 244,300 employees as of June 30, 2016, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.