Director – S&T Business Consulting
We are building the most exciting and rewarding consulting environment in Europe. You’ll be joining at a point in our journey where you will be able to influence how we work with our clients, how we reach new markets and take our brand to the next level, and how we build our Practice, at a time of phenomenal growth.
Already a global leader in business and technology services and a Fortune 500 company with $12.5 billion in annual revenues (2015), we are agile enough to engage with clients on their most strategic initiatives and have the know how and financial strength to deliver the most challenging change programs.
Born millennial (our average age across our 215,000 people is 24) and born global (just over twenty years ago), we are one of only a handful of companies in any sector that have shown double digit growth for each of the last 11 years. Our track-record of business, employee and share price growth is comparable with the likes of Apple, Google and Facebook.
As an integrated part of this business growth we have, over the last six years, created (through organic and inorganic growth) a global consulting business comprising 5,000 business consultants. Reporting to the CEO, Cognizant Business Consulting (CBC) is a pivotal part of Cognizant’s overall growth strategy, both in terms of the development of our core consulting business and in developing wider mind share and market share with our global clients.
We are now recruiting a Director of Business Consulting into our senior Benelux leadership team, who will report to our Head of Strategy and Transformation Consulting Benelux and works in close collaboration with the Belgium Country Head.
The Consulting Director will help us to build our consulting business further with our existing top tier clients, who are already benefiting from a number of Cognizant solutions. The Director will also assist in opening out new relationships new Tier 1 Belgium / Benelux / CE based clients.
Specifically, the responsibilities of the Director are as follows:
- Increase the level of Business Consulting revenue and profit at our top tier clients from a functional and domain perspective
- Enhance mind- and market share and strengthen Cognizant relationships within the targeted organisations
- Work with Cognizant Client Account Partners and their teams to deliver that success
- Be part of the Cognizant CBC Benelux Leadership Team
- Build and grow and lead the Belgium consulting team to enhance our overall capabilities and brand
- Balanced focus between delivery, business development and organizational roles (be an ambitious entrepreneur)
Extensive business and IT consulting experience across sectors in the Belgium Market
- ‘Big 5’ Consulting Organisations
- and/or with specialist Business Consulting firms
- and/or with leading IT services / product vendor organisations
This is a Director level position and requires an associated demonstration of CXO relationship building, relevant thought leadership, consulting business development capability, people leadership and engagement leadership credibility.
- Deep domain experience in a number of the underlying disciplines is required.
- Digital Transformation and Operational Excellence
- Program Management and Organisational Change Management
- CIO Advisory (IT Consulting)
Whilst we are not looking for an IT specialist, exposure to the implications of (and on) IT from the Digital agenda in Belgium based clients, and experience of COTS products is essential.
- Extensive large/complex consulting engagement experience leading cross-functional teams
- Market Leadership – Domain and functional expertise
- Experience in publishing thought leadership articles addressing key Transformation and Digital challenges
- Deep understanding of the trends, issues and challenges a considered point of view on the future developments
- Excellent client communication and presentation skills
- Excellent relationship management and negotiation skills
General client-facing expectations:
- Strong results orientation with the ability to positively affect client outcomes
- A strong track record of successful consulting business development in Belgium
- Ability to influence decisions, approached through strong subject matter expertise, and appropriate positioning of relevant experience
- Establish thought leadership position with key stakeholders and long term relationships with key clients – resulting in trusted partner status and repeatable revenue streams
- Consulting Project Delivery leadership and oversight of multiple smaller consulting projects to ensure client satisfaction and business expansion
General internal expectations:
- Must have the capability to operate at multiple levels of abstraction and detail – ensure quality of deliverables and inject creativity in proposals
- Ability to collaborate with Benelux Client Partners for the development of Consulting and wider Cognizant business
- Continually contribute to practice-level solutions and influence a positive feedback loop with client-level implementations
- Ability to efficiently manage time and leverage a team – meeting deadlines without sacrificing the quality of the services
- Ability to leverage expertise within a matrix organisation and within an integrated consulting firm
- Excellent leadership, organisational, decision making and team building skills to manage dispersed and matrix teams.
- Superb team building skills with a predisposition to building consensus and achieving goals through collaboration and networking
- A strong achievement orientation and an entrepreneurial spirit
- A positive, results oriented style, evidenced by listening, motivating, delegating, influencing, and monitoring the work being done to develop the next generation of leaders
- An extremely high level of energy, sense of urgency, creativity, and decisiveness coupled with the ability/willingness to work hard and well under pressure
- An engaging/open interpersonal style complemented by the analytical pragmatism necessary to quickly dissect highly complex issues
- Ability to establish immediate credibility among his/her peers and wider stakeholders as a professional who is respected for his/her intelligence and technical expertise
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character who demonstrates high moral and ethical behavior
- Strong leadership and interpersonal/communication skills with professional staff, senior level executives, and the business community at large
- The right to live and work in the EU is required.