Cognizant Digital Works Leader, Nordics
Cognizant is a leading provider of consulting and business services, dedicated to helping the world’s leading companies build stronger businesses. A Fortune 500 company and member of the NASDAQ-100, S&P 500 and Forbes Global 2000, we are consistently ranked among the Top Performing, Fastest Growing and Most Admired Companies in the World.
Cognizant Digital Works
Today’s digital innovators are winning with a new set of rules. They are redefining business models by leveraging revolutionary advances in technology and information surrounding people, processes and products — what we, at Cognizant, call a Code Halo™. As a result, Digital Transformation is the strategic imperative of all forward thinking companies today, and is being actively discussed by management teams and boardrooms across all industries.
In response to this macro-economic dynamic, Cognizant launched DigitalWorks, our centre of excellence for all things digital. Cognizant DigitalWorks helps our clients to bridge the gap between digital thinking and traditional business models.
Our team of experts is comprised of seasoned industry veterans and innovative thought leaders in strategy, process, design, and technology, offering clients a seamless integration of our consulting capabilities, industry expertise, and trusted methodologies coupled with bleeding-edge innovation and creative prowess.
We are seeking a cross-industry digital leader to lead growth for Cognizant DigitalWorks Business in the Nordics. This is an entrepreneurial opportunity to join a world class organisation, build an innovative, pace setting Practice and be a member of the global, core Digital Works leadership team. You would be expected to be based in either Copenhagen, Stockholm, or Oslo.
Digital Works Leader, Nordics
As a Practice Leader in one of Cognizant’s strategically important, high growth geographies, this individual will operate in multiple dimensions – work with European practice leaders in enabling practice growth/development, be directly involved in business development and be a senior stakeholder in delivery.
The Nordics Digital Works Leader will provide deep insight into internal and external factors affecting business, marketing, and digital presence for clients in various industries. He/she will define the opportunity space for digital investments, as well as the strategic framework, priorities and propositions/services required to develop and deliver business growth.
The role will involve working closely with Cognizant’s sales, marketing, client service, solutioning and delivery teams to drive Digital brand building, value proposition development and lead generation initiatives. This individual must be comfortable working in a heavily cross-functional, matrixed organization.
This highly collaborative role will work in partnership with Nordics country Client Partners and overall Nordics leadership, as well as interface across Cognizant’s industry/sector teams (“Verticals”), service line teams (“Horizontals”), the Digital Works Team and the external ecosystem. The Nordics Cognizant Digital Works Leader will be expected to provide thought leadership in establishing a digital vision to support business development, account planning, and market-specific service offerings. We believe that leaders lead from the front and are not afraid to ‘roll up their sleeves’: we expect the leader to play an active role in preparing proposals, participating in sales presentations and be a trusted ‘Digital Advisor’ to our client’s executive decision makers. This individual will lead the Digital vision and offerings in the Nordics by working with clients to re-imagine their business from the outside-in, with a focus on industry specific digital strategy development and execution.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop, internally syndicate and execute the business strategy and plan for the Digital Works Practice in Nordics, ensuring alignment with the global Digital Works Practice.
- Manage and grow the business: drive revenue by scoping, structuring, and leading digital engagements in collaboration with vertical and horizontal teams.
- Collaborate with verticals, horizontals and the central DigitalWorks team to create digital propositions and go-to-market plans.
- Build Nordics digital capabilities in collaboration with central DigitalWorks team through both recruiting Digital talent as well as coaching existing Cognizant team.
- Shape, sell and deliver Digital propositions to drive development of new/existing client accounts by engaging and leveraging Digital capability across a matrixed organsation.
- Work with our Sales and Marketing teams to build the DigitalWorks pipeline and close deals in the market.
- Be a visible leader in the market across multiple channels, e.g. articles in vertical or horizontal specific publications, speaking engagements, social media (Twitter, blogs, LinkedIn, etc).
- Engage with various (vertical and horizontal) teams to both develop and integrate digital offerings with Cognizant’s existing services; and supporting the expansion of Cognizant in our existing accounts, as well as our brand recognition as a Digital Transformation Partner.
- Significant experience in a senior digital leadership role.
- Proven experience delivering digital focused strategy & process consulting; Experience with large, complex digital strategy & transformation programmes that deliver demonstrative business value, data driven insight, improved operational efficiencies, and new forms of user experiences and engagement.
- Leadership position within a management consulting firm and/or digital agency working with and leading large, diverse teams.
- Demonstrable experience delivering major transformation initiatives in business, operations and technology to the Global Fortune 500, preferably across more than one industry.
- Experience managing P&L and revenue targets along with the demonstrated ability to exceed such targets.
- Knowledge of digital strategy, digital technologies, skills and ecosystem for one or more industry.
- Proven ability to operate successfully in a collaborative, matrixed global organizational structure.
- Ability to articulate digital concepts to all audiences
- Ability to travel minimum 50% of the time.
- Minimum Bachelor’s level degree
- Extensive work with the C-suite and executive teams on topics such as:
- Digital Strategy
- Digital Business model design
- Digital Target Operating Model design
- Digital Business case development
- Customer Journey design
- Multi-channel & Omni-channel experiences
- Digital Marketing technologies (social, mobile)
- Digital transformation through Big Data & Analytics
- Digital Workshop design and facilitation
- Digital project delivery
- Experience in rapidly framing business challenges and developing approaches/options for leveraging digital capabilities.
- Demonstrated success driving organisational change within client organizations – past experience in organisational design consulting, process design and optimization, digital governance, and team dynamics a strong plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills as team leader and team player with experience managing and training.
- Team building skills with experience in building consensus in a matrix structure and achieve goals through collaboration.
- A positive, results oriented style – must have a “change agent” attitude; constantly challenging convention and pushing us and our clients toward new opportunities, approaches, ideas, perspectives, etc.
- An extremely high level of energy, sense of urgency, creativity, and decisiveness coupled with the ability/willingness to work hard and effectively under pressure.
- Master’s Degree in Business/Management highly preferred
Copenhagen or Oslo or Stockholm.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action M/F/D/V