Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process services, dedicated to helping the world’s leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work.
With over 100 development and delivery centers worldwide and approximately 244,300 employees as of June 30, 2016, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.
The AIM (Analytics Information Management) Practice provides solutions and services to clients, that cover the whole lifecycle of information utilization from ideation to implementation to value creation. With Big Data complementing and extending the traditional information supply chain by adding business critical capabilities, the Big Data Service Line is steadily gaining significance within the practice.
We are looking for a client facing Big Data Solution Architect to join our growing Big Data group within AIM NL region. You will be joining an experienced team and will be in charge of providing Big Data solution architecture expertise within the team. With a solid understanding and extensive hands-on experience designing, creating, and testing big data solutions based on the Hadoop eco-system for large scale deployments, you will be working on various projects, building great Big Data solutions for clients, stable, scalable, enterprise-ready, and focused on creating business value.
You will be responsible, in close collaboration with our Big Data Center of Excellence team based in India and USA, for guiding the team and the client on Big Data development throughout the full lifecycle of the solution and the execution of projects.
We are looking for candidates, who have a self-starter mentality, a desire to learn, and the ability to grow and build relationships, both internally with colleagues and externally with clients, across different geographic regions.
- Advise clients on the best solution design and technologies to meet their needs
- Drive solution development projects to successful completion
- Contribute hands-on through all phases of the system design lifecycle with minimal supervision
- Analyze functional and non-functional requirements and their impact on the solution design
- Design and develop high performance, robust, and secure solutions based on Hadoop ecosystem
- Support the operational team during production deployments
- Support during pre-sales activities
- Evaluate new technologies, execute proof-of-concepts, and develop specialized algorithms
- Lead development teams, guide on particular technical topics, formulate best practices, and coach others
- Innovate constantly, maintain the technical edge and thus contribute to thought leadership
- Experience in Strong and comprehensive experience in requirements engineering, solution architecture, software design and development of enterprise scale, robust, highly scalable, and secure solutions over the full lifecycle
- Should be able to design and develop high performance, robust, and secure solutions based on Hadoop ecosystem
- Demonstrated experience in real world IT environment where you have created solutions in the Big Data/ Analytics area
- Should have strong technical knowledge on cluster design and management
- Should be able to develop a strong connect with the clients’ technical team to create solutions & POCs, addressing clients’ problems
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills and should be flexible to travel across Europe.
- Fluent in French; Business English required
Elangovan Anbalagan | Senior Corporate Recruiter
t. +31 (0) 20 524 77 39 | m. + 31 (0) 6 46 922161 |